The aim of the Friends is to involve the public and to support swimming at the Baths by holding events and activities such as Open Days, Heritage Tours of the Baths and Arts events.
Join the Friends of Moseley Road Baths as an active member
We meet monthly online and we are very open to welcoming new members. If you are interested, please e-mail email@example.com.
We welcome new people and new ideas. If there is something you’re wanting to get stuck into then please do shout up. This could be helping to organise tours, open days or raise awareness in the local community online or in person.
Display our poster
Would you like to show your support in your front window? Could you put a few leaflets round your child’s school? A poster on the work noticeboard? A flyer in a local Community Centre? Click the image below to access a printable poster.
To keep in touch and help our much loved Edwardian pool, sign up for our occasional newsletter to have all news and events sent straight to your inbox.
Shout out your support!
Whilst there is commitment from Birmingham City Council and a broad coalition of heritage organisations to the future of community swimming at Moseley Road Baths, we do want to continue to raise awareness of the need for adequate investment in our pool.
Contacting local media, making some noise on Social Media and contacting local elected representatives are all useful ways of highlighting the value of swimming at Moseley Road Baths. You may wish to highlight:
- The health benefits of swimming – it is cheap, accessible and safe
- Current swimming demand not being met – particularly for schools
- Poor health statistics within our local community
- Low numbers of school pupils able to swim the required 25m by the end of Primary School
- The architectural merit of the building
- The need for investment in Balsall Heath – and the impact an empty property would have on the area.