Moseley Road Baths celebrated
Moseley Road Baths has inspired Artists, Photographers, Theatre Makers, Film Makers and more to use the building for countless creative projects. It has even formed the backdrop to a few TV shows!
- ‘Specular Reflecular’ community animation project, commissioned by National Trust New Art, by Juneau Projects (2020)
- ‘Tea Room Stitchery’ community embroidery project led by Daily Thread (2019)
- ‘Into the Water’ site specific theatre performance by Women and Theatre (2019)
- ‘Terry and Gerry’ and other local musicians – gig for the Baths’ 103rd Birthday (2016)
- ‘The Swimmers’ photography collection by Attilio Fiumarella (2015)
- ‘Pool of Memories’ Theatre in Education tour by The Play House (2012)
- Canute the King site specific theatre performance by Stan’s Cafe (1993)
Other Pool campaigns
Moseley Road Baths is just one of a handful of historical pools around the UK in need of support and investment. Here are some links to campaigns that the Friends of Moseley Road Baths have linked with.
Moseley Road Baths is supported by a number of organisations who form the Moseley Road Baths Coalition. Their expertise, support and investment has been crucial for ensuring that the building currently functions as a public swimming pool.
- The National Trust
- Historic England
- World Monuments Fund (Moseley Road Baths featured on their ‘Watch List’ in 2016)
To explore the history of swimming and of the local area, take a look at some of the following resources.