Friends of Moseley Road Baths are seeking a volunteer to contribute towards their Heritage Lottery Funded ‘Pool of Memories’ Project by putting excerpts of our digital archive online.
Friends of Moseley Road Baths have a firm commitment to preserving and celebrating the heritage of Moseley Road Baths. In 2009 we submitted a bid for just under £48,000 to the Heritage Lottery Fund for an extensive oral history project encompassing a wide range of activities including the production of a book, teaching resource, DVD, permanent exhibition and drama project. The bid was successful and we launched the three year Pool of Memories project during February 2010.
Since then scores of audio recordings have been collected and catalogued. We are now seeking a volunteer to select some of this material for use in the wider project.
You will be required to:
- Listen to audio recordings
- Select the best material for use on our website, literature and in exhibitions
- Extract audio clips using audio editing software (we suggest Audacity)
- Upload audio files to an online space
- Embed audio recordings into our website (hosted on WordPress)
You will need:
- An interest in oral history and appreciation of the requirements of our project
- Experience of using audio editing software
- Access to your own computer
- A copy of Audacity (available to download for free)
- To collaborate with the Pool of Memories project co-ordinators and workers
We are not looking for a certain number of hours or edited files. We are willing to work around your existing commitments – anything that you can contribute to the project is welcomed. In return we can provide references, give you opportunities to get involved in other aspects of the project and credit you in our ongoing work.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org