Come and help _underscore as they develop the musical soundscape of a new site-specific opera at the Moseley Road Baths…
In this entirely free event we are opening the doors of the Gala Pool for private sessions of up to 6 members of the public to explore how this unique space behaves when it is animated through sound, which we’ll make using our hands, feet and voices.
Discover space through sound in these 30 minutes sessions as we explore the intimacy of its corners, dialogue with its echoes, murmur with its reverberations.
Through acoustics we unite… our distance may be socially separate but our sounds can come together.
You don’t need swimming costumes, but you may want to take off your shoes and socks for an optional splash!
Date: Sunday 27th June
Sessions run throughout the day but please note, our first session is for families who swim with us only
- 12.00-12.45 – Family session only (following the morning family swim session)
- 14.00-14.30 workshop 1
- 14.40-15.10 workshop 2
- 15.20-15.50 workshop 3
- 16.00-16.30 workshop 4
- 16.40-17.10 workshop 5
- 17.20-17.50 workshop 6
- 18.00-18.30 workshop 7
- It is 1 ticket per person (not family or household) although baby in arms do not need a ticket, everyone else will for Covid restrictions.
- You must have booked a ticket to enter the event.
- We only have 6 spaces per session, first come first served! (2 households are allowed to book, just email the address below to organise this)
- Please get in touch if you have any additional requirements on email@example.com.
Tickets available via Eventbrite
Please note that by booking this ticket and attending the session you automatically consent to granting full rights to use the images and sounds resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising and publicity. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases, funding applications and short promo videos. Takt will be filming on behalf of Outdoor Places for Unusual Spaces and Moseley Road Baths.