The Friends of Moseley Road Baths Committee meeting minutes – Monday 14th June 2021 at 7.30pm via Teams.
Present: Joe (Chair), Rachel (Secretary), Mark (Treasurer), Polly, Janet
Apologies: Zhor Malik, Philippa, Damian
1. Minutes of the meeting of 19th May
- Plant item may need rewording.
- Balsall Heath NNO ‘What’s Happening in Balsall Heath?’ meetings are not currently taking place.
2. Reports from MRB CIO and management
- Two funding applications are pending.
- Emily Butler (MRB Alive programme) is planning for more community events to take place in the Gala Pool area (see below for current activity).
- There are discussions about putting a stage into Gala Pool.
- The CIO are recruiting for a new Chair of Trustees. Friends are to share the role description widely. The deadline is 23rd June.
There are no outstanding questions for the CIO this month.
3. 2021 Birmingham Heritage Week: Open Day 12.09.21
- Please let Joe know if you are available to assist on the day. We need greeters, people to sell merchandise and people willing to lead tours.
- Joe exploring insurance issues with Viv.
- Online booking will be available through Eventbrite. Rachel to support.
- Mark willing to lead tours – we will need to consider group size and frequency dependent on Covid restrictions
- BHW organisers may provide detailed guidance nearer the time.
4. Communications to FoMRB
Rachel to set up an automatic e-mail on the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address to highlight that there may be a delay with responding to e-mails and to direct people to the CIO and to the FoMRB/CIO websites. Monthly Mailchimp summary also to go out.
5. Plants at the Baths: draft protocol
FoMRB are happy to take responsibility for maintenance of the plants in the building – we will first ascertain whether or not the CIO are happy to keep plants in the building and for FoMRB to take responsibility for their maintenance. We will put a call out for people willing to take responsibility for plant maintenance. Polly will now finalise the draft plant protocol.
6. Steve Beauchampé memorial
The amended text has been sent to the CIO and the memorial will be created soon. Joe to circulate the final text to the FoMRB committee Joe to check the timescales with Viv.
7. Catch-up on the FoMRB constitution
An updated copy to be circulated by Joe to all Committee members and discussed at a later point.
8. MRB Alive and Educational Activities
- Femtinos online children’s workshops. Joe to attend and present at ‘Little Ambassadors’ workshop on Saturday 19th June and Joe, Polly, Janet and Ellie willing to attend sharing event on Sat 10th July.
- BCAT – art workshops taking place.
- Splash n Scream – workshops commencing on 27th June.
- Chat and Splash – Women Only sessions on Thursday mornings
- Women & Theatre – running a Covid related project with women’s groups, Rachel involved as freelance artist.
- Nelson Mandela School tours – Rachel and Viv leading on this, tour is booked for 23rd June.
9. Any other business
- Pool of Memories book – question of whether to seek to republish. Has previously been explored and cost and time is prohibitive.
- Joe to send through funding application slides from Jo Dimitri (National Trust)
- Discussion of FoMRB finances to be agenda item for July.
10. Date of the next meeting
Monday 12th July at 7:30pm via Zoom